Criteria for admission to the Mary Inez Grindle School of Nursing
Our ABSN students are the best and the brightest. The following are qualifications for admission to the program:
- Bachelor’s degree at a regionally accredited college or university
- GPA requirements: You must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 based off all college coursework ever attempted and accepted by Brenau. A minimum science GPA of 3.0 is also required. The science GPA is based on the highest grade earned in the last five years in the following courses. Grades earned in these courses more than five years ago will require the courses to be retaken or reviewed for acceptance.
- Anatomy and Physiology I (BY209)
- Anatomy and Physiology II (BY210)
- Principles of Chemistry (CY103)
- Microbiology (BY206)
Additional prerequisite courses include:
- MS 101/111/or 210
- PY 101 Introduction to Psychology
- HS 200 Medical Terminology
- PY 202 Human Growth and Development
- MS 205 Introduction to Statistics
- PY 309 Abnormal Psychology
- HS 415 Pathophysiology for the Health Professions*
- Satisfactory completion of courses: You must have already completed all mandatory prerequisite courses with no more than six hours of incomplete liberal education courses.
- HESI Nursing Admissions Test: You must achieve a minimum score of 75% to be eligible for the ABSN.
- Background check and drug screening: You have one opportunity to provide acceptable background and drug screen results. Only a negative drug screen result is acceptable. A background check revealing a felony charge is not acceptable. In the event of a misdemeanor charge(s), the applicant must contact the Georgia Board of Nursing for information regarding licensure exam qualifications.
Start on the path to a nursing career with us.
*HS 415 is a recommended prerequisite that can be taken concurrently with the start of the ABSN program. The course will change the total program credits to 63.